Courses focus on advanced language skills, college preparation, critical thinking, and intensive TOEFL test preparation.
- Application and enrollment in the International Student Program (ISP)
- Transcript in English for the highest level of education achieved
- One of the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL iBT 60
- IELTS 6.0
- CEFR B2
Successful completion of a minimum of 12 units of AEP coursework.
Please see ISP Fees and Course Fees.
Students may enter any quarter for one or more quarters: fall, winter, spring, summer.
- Speaking and pronunciation
- Reading and vocabulary
- Scholarly writing
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Intensive TOEFL test preparation
- Cross-cultural interaction
- Community/work placement
Selected courses will be offered each quarter. With approval, Academic English students may also select some Business English courses.
Students who achieve a minimum score of 80 iBT TOEFL at the end of their Advanced English Program may apply to transfer to the ISP University Immersion Program (UIP).