Some organizations invest in basic management training, but few offer effective leadership training—coaching that helps individuals determine their strengths and weaknesses, helps them identify their career and/or organizational goals, and enables them to meet their leadership development goals. This program is designed for professionals seeking to develop effective leadership and management skills and individual contributors within an organization aspiring to positions of increased responsibilities and authority.
This Professional Certificate Program Provides:
- Opportunities to expand and (re)define your vision on the purpose of business.
- Strategies for developing emotional intelligence and strategic thinking to improve decision-making skills.
- Trusting environments to increase creativity, productivity, and morale.
- Models of effective leadership through team building and project management exercises.
Program Course Schedule
NEW revised for Fall 2018!
Required : Complete 3 Courses (12 units):
- BUSAD X435 - Foundations of Leadership (F/W/Sp) - 4 units
- BUSAD X450.33 - People, Culture, and Performance (F/Sp) - 4 units
- MGMNT X479 - Business and Personal Branding (F/W) - 4 units
Required: Complete 1 Course (at least 4 units):
- BUSAD X432 - Business Negotiation (F/W/Sp) - 4 units
- MGMNT X476 - Communication Skills for Professionals (W/Sp) - 4 units
Courses are offered across 4 academic quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. For more information visit Approved Academic Calendar.
To be eligible for this Professional Certificate you must complete at least 16 units.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
- Internationals must be part of the International Programs before starting any certificate program. Apply to International Programs here.
- International participants must complete a minimum of 12 units each quarter (with max. 1 online course/quarter) in order to maintain an F-1 visa status. These units can be completed through professional courses and/or UCSB courses.
Program Costs for International Students:
Costs for internationals can be seen here.