Project management is experiencing a resurgence as a proven methodology for planning, organizing, and controlling complex activities in any industry, including government and nonprofit organizations. Participants learn in-depth, essential elements of initiating and completing a successful project, including the development of interpersonal and leadership skills to conduct work in the team environment inherent to modern projects. Professionals from many disciplines can apply the technical and interpersonal skills, knowledge of the processes, and tools and techniques to achieve their objectives.
This Professional Certificate Program Provides:
- Skills needed to plan projects and keep projects on task, on time, and on budget.
- Training in both the classic and contemporary aspects of project management.
- An understanding of the uses and potential for project management and how to apply it to successfully achieve organizational objectives.
- Current theories of project management and real-world practices applicable to all industries.
Intended Audience: Project Management professionals who currently lead a project or are part of a project team, managers and specialists in a variety of disciplines, and individuals wishing to study specific subjects without pursuing the certificate. Project management training is appropriate for many disciplines including, but not limited to, information technology, software development, marketing, finance, contract administration, procurement, quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, and construction.
Program Course Schedule
Complete all 4 courses (14 units):
- Introduction to Project Management (F/WSu) - 4 units
- Project Planning: Initiation/Integration (F/W) - 4 units
- Project Execution: Monitoring/Control (W/Sp) - 4 units
- Agile Project Management (W/Sp) - 2 units
Courses are offered across 4 academic quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. For more information visit Approved Academic Calendar.
The approximate cost of completion of this program is $ 2,400. Courses are offered between $420-$600 and the application fee is $150. Individual course fees are paid upon enrollment. Estimated costs are subject to change and do not include fees for course materials. The program requirements are defined in the Program Course Schedule. For more information visit our Help Center.