This online course focuses on the use of assessment and observation strategies to document development, growth, play, and learning to join with families and professionals in promoting children’s success. Participants also engage with strategies and information for preparing for the Child Life Professional Examination, including information on intervention and professional responsibility and medical terminology associated with pediatric care.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify and decipher medical abbreviations
- Analyze unfamiliar terms using the knowledge of word roots, suffixes and prefixes
- Design practices that integrate documentation of children’s development and learning within a family-centered care framework
- Prioritize additional studies for exam preparation
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Child Life (ONLINE) : Electives (16 units)