This online course provides an introduction to the history and development of the child life profession. Participants learn about the health-care environment, administrative issues, program development, outcome assessment process, and incorporation of volunteers/students. Participants also learn how to develop competencies and skills necessary to effectively administer a child life program. Introduction to funding sources including grant writing, and accessing local community resources will be addressed.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Summarize the history and development of the child life profession
- Define the benefits of collaboration with the family and heath care team
- Facilitate the collaboration as part of the child life’s program development
- Apply competencies and skills of an effective administrator to a child life program
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Child Life (ONLINE) : Electives (16 units)