A person’s life story captures the essence of this course. Each student is a "culture of one" with myriad life experiences forming their unique perspective. When a student becomes an employee, they bring that unique perspective — a culture of one — to their job, thereby contributing to the "workplace culture." How does the "culture of one" fit into the workplace culture without losing each individual's unique perspective, yet at the same time contributing to the vision of the organization’s founders? This course explores the evolution of individual culture and how it impacts, and is impacted by, workplace culture.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Dissect their "culture of one"
- Identify the strengths they bring to the workplace
- Analyze a variety of workplace cultures
- Learn and apply ways to work within an organization’s culture
- Utilize their unique perspective
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Leadership : Required Courses (10 units)