This course examines employment law from each side’s perspective with an eye on practical application for paralegals. The course covers common employment law topics including: sources of laws and regulation; basic employment agreements; discrimination; harassment; leaves of absence; wage and hour claims; meal and rest period issues; ADA; and the various statutory and common-law basis for alleging, and proving, an employment law claim.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the law and procedures involved in employment law
- Analyze particular fact patterns related to paralegal tasks
- Identify and address employment violations
- Articulate the best practices employers must observe to guard against claims
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Paralegal Studies : Elective Courses