Exploring the reasons why brands are so valuable and the factors that contribute to that value are crucial elements when developing a comprehensive marketing strategy. This course will examine the relevance and differentiation of brands. The concepts of branding will be explored to understand how branding of a product, company (or purpose) influences customer perception and the strategic thinking behind brand development. Real-world examples will illustrate how marketing communication tools and techniques can be used to build both a competitive advantage and brand equity. Personal branding is the practice of people marketing themselves and their careers as brands. Personal branding is an important element of this class.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define branding and differentiate products and or logos versus brands.
- Recognize the impact of consumer demographics and behavior when developing brand strategy.
- Formulate SWOT analysis in determining brand creation and brand promise.
- Examine iconic brands and how they create value/leverage.
- Design one’s personal brand during changing times.