Why VEP at UC Santa Barbara?
This program is specifically designed for the working executive, and the goals of research and study of your profession in the USA. Gain diverse insight into new knowledge, management and techniques for your career!
Research projects from our participants include:
- 'Studies for the valuation of new growth companies - post pandemic' (2022) ©
Park, Yun Ju, Director at Samsung Securities
-'A Study on the factors influencing university choice and satisfaction of International Students...' (2022) ©
Kim, Minchae, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
-'America's efforts to fight disinformation' (2022) ©
Lee, Jae Hoon, MBC Korea
-'Analysis of Factors Affecting Single House Price Changes in California' (2022) ©
Choi, Cheon Woon, Ph.D, The Institute for Far Eastern Studies
- Your Visit
Specific program plans are created individually depending on the company and visitor's need. We'll be happy to organize a program plan directly. All will include the following features, with additional options to fit additional requirements as needed:
- 12 month (or more) program duration
- J-1 Visa sponsorship for visitor + dependents (if necessary)
- Monthly professional seminars on various management and leadership topics
- Mentorship for research by local professional or campus affiliate in your field
- On-campus services like library, recreation center and public transportation
- UCSB PaCE official diploma upon completion
- Application Requirements
- copy of passport (scholar + dependents)
- proof of English proficiency (May be waived)
- official transcript or proof of professional employment in English
- financial statement (tuition plus estimated living expenses for scholar + dependent)
- $350 USD fee upon submission of your application
Please allow for at least 3 months to officially receive your visa, and arrive on-time.
- Application Deadlines
There are two intake dates per year for this program:
Application Deadline: January 15, 2022
Program Start Date: April 15, 2022
Application Deadline: June 15, 2022
Program Start Date: September 15, 2022
*applications submitted after the deadline may be considered on case-by-case basis.
- Program Tuition
Annual program tuition is $6,500 USD; additional fees may be assessed as needed.
J1 Scholar Visa DS-2019: $350
J1 Scholar Visa - Spouse dependent: $200
J1 Scholar Visa - child dependent: No charge
'My professional mentor is not only a noted professor at UCSB but also an expert in the fields of accounting and finance. She has advised me on how to approach my interests and how to study effectively. Her class has also helped to refresh my basic knowledge of the field and improve my confidence in it. She is also the driving force behind me giving a presentation on my research to get feedback from my peers.'
- Yun Ju, South Korea